Author: Nanette Griffith
Homes with pets are usually warmer-feeling and more, well, "homey." A dog or cat can offer a form of companionship and love that you just can't find some other way. You can return the favor of their love and loyalty by being a first-rate pet owner.
Whether you will prefer the company of either a dog or cat, you still have different facets and preferences that play into whether a dog or a cat is correct for you, or any pet at all. It will be your responsibility to take care of your pet as best you can.
Choosing your pet
Are you undecided about whether to get a dog or cat? Give a few moments thought as to what you want from a pet. As an example, if you're looking for a pet to be a lot like a human, and be very centered on being with you and pleasing you, then you should probably get a dog. Dogs can be easily trained for a lot of tasks, as well as guard duty.
If you want a pet that likes your affection, but is still more independent, then you may want a cat. They require a bit less maintenance. They do not have that "people-pleaser" personality that a dog does, but they can nonetheless be very sweet. A cat really can be a good and loyal friend!
In choosing your pet, you first have to find out the qualifications that you need. Also, you need to see if you have allergies to animal fur and such so that your physician can recommend a pet that you can care for despite the allergies.
Things you need to know about your pet
When you have made a decision to get a cat, dog, or even both, allow me to share a number of things you need to remember:
1. Don't jump to the conclusion that you got a "dumb" dog for the reason that he doesn't seem as smart as the neighbor's dog. Take some time teaching him some new tricks. It takes training to develop a good, smart dog.
2. Make sure that your pet gets all of the vaccinations it will need to stay healthy. After you first get your new friend, you need to get it to the veterinarian first thing for an initial checkup and shots.
3. Give your pet a bath regularly. It's vital that you keep your pets' fur clean at all times. There are many sicknesses that your dog might acquire, like fleas. If your dog has fleas, the whole household will be affected.
4. Give your pet nutritious food that is 100% complete and balanced. You might like to ask your veterinarian what type of food is suitable for your pet. Remember also that different breeds of dogs and cats can have different nutritional needs.
5. Clean his cage or crate once in a while in order that there are no pests.
Article Source: http://www.articleclick.com/Article/Do-You-Want-To-Be-A-Good-Pet-Owner-/1686102
About the Author:
For dogs, you'll need dog grooming tools, and then for cats, I propose cat grooming products.